Thank you everyone for making this year’s London Baroudeurs Awards Night possible. Thank you to our kind hosts and to all the partners and friends of the Baroudeurs, from: Texas, Bali and Australia for participating. It’s been an incredible year for members. And as a team we want to acknowledge your triumphs, challenges and raise a glass to you.
A very Red and Gold Celebration
With Baroudeur, Debra, setting an all new high for location and atmosphere the previous year, we are challenged to find a venue equally as welcoming. Enter, the family of Matthew, ‘Ragnar’. Thank you for putting up with us.
What’s up for grabs?
This year we reduced the number of awards from 11* to 10. Our stalwart awards consists of:
1. The Golden Sidi, for the most spent that year on kit; because life’s too short to ride c’ap bikes
2. Best Newcomer, for the individual demonstrating the heart of a Baroudeur
3. Most Improved Baroudeur, despite the challenges contributes to the team and shines
4. Combative Baroudeur, embodies the fighting spirit of a Baroudeur
5. International Baroudeur, an ambassador of the team demonstrating ‘zanshin’
6. Winningest Baroudeur, the Baroudeur braving the races
7. Beast of Box (BoB), the Baroudeur who conquers Box x 3
8. Wooden Spanner, the Baroudeur who experiences the most ‘mechanical’ moments
9. Most Barouderus Moment, going above and beyond the call of duty
10. Baroudeur of the Year (by secret ballot on the evening)
*As there were no mishaps this time round, the ‘Golden Duck’, in recognition of Team Time Trial efforts going wrong, did not get a look in. Thank goodness.
Enter the Baroudeur
After a much hearty meal with bags of catching up, we withdraw to the makeshift, but altogether charming Awards Room, to break the suspense and find out who has won. Drumroll, please!
They couldn’t be here tonight
Unfortunately, we don’t always have everyone available to collect their awards in person. We make every effort to contact them live through the wonders of technology, but we were’nt so lucky this time round. Thankfully, we had Baroudeurs who were here to pick up the awards for them.
And the award goes to…
1.The Golden Sidi: Simon, ‘Van der Vader’ (DNS)
2. Best Newcomer: Matthew, ‘Ragnar’
3. Most improved Baroudeur: Mark, ‘The Mandalorian’ (Mark humbly puts it down to his new bike)
4. Combative Baroudeur: Hernán, ‘Buzz’ (DNS)
5. International Baroudeur: Sam, ‘Ronin’
6. Winningest Baroudeur: Simon, ‘Van der Vader’ (DNS)
7. Beast of Box (BoB): Lowell, ‘Disco’
8. Wooden Spanner: Tyson, ‘Leonidas’
9. Most Barouderus Moment: Povilas ‘Mean Machine/Terminator’ for his outstanding efforts on the Red Bull Time Laps. Helping the team get Top 10.
10. Baroudeur of the Year (by secret ballot on the evening): Steve, ‘Beethoven’
We want to say, thank you. A special thank you to Matthew, ‘Ragnar’ for hosting the evening and Thomas, ‘Gecko’ for organising the awards. It wouldn’t be the success it is without your generosity. Chapeau, les Baroudeurs!
Awards Night 2016 – was so good, we can’t remember what happened.